View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 05:24 AM   #1
atchdca
Yorkie Talker

Default Bad Breeder - Stroud, OK - Leslee Mitchell (lesleeslittleluvables.com)

I have this posted under a different thread and it has been recommended that I post this as my own thread for everyone to see.

I have joined this forum recently because I have purchased a Yorkie for our family that is wonderful. However, we also purchased one from a different breeder for Grandma as a Mother's Day present. We purchased this puppy from Leslee Mitchell in Stroud, OK. Before purchasing the puppy we discussed many things with Leslee. She informed us the parents are AKC registered but that she does not register the litter AKC to prevent breeders from buying the puppies, she would like to see them go to good families. We also insisted on seeing the parents before we buy the puppy. She was very hesitant but finally said if we must see them we need to drive out to Stroud. So, we drove to Stroud and thought everything looked good but she had the mom, dad, and puppies bathed and kept in a play fence on the driveway away from the house. We were told the puppies were home-raised and that the mom and dad do live with her, we also got a health guarantee from her in an email message but nothing else was ever signed or stated before purchasing puppy. (We found the ad in the Daily Oklahoman) Within the 24 hrs. of bringing the puppy home we brought her to the vet to be checked out and were notified that she had Coccidia parasites and Patellar Luxation (Genetic knee disorder). I called Leslee Mitchell immediately to notify her that we were not wanting to purchase a puppy with parasites or a Genetic Knee disorder and we would like a refund. Leslee was very crude, unprofessional, and irrational. She immediately told us we could bring the puppy back but we would definitely not get a refund and that she did not have the puppy checked by a vet herself. Her "policy", that was never stated before or signed on, was that she replaces does not refund. I then told her we did not want a replacement puppy (littermate) that would more than likely be infested with Coccidia as well and that after doing some research I found several articles stating that any puppy, littermate, or parents that are diagnosed with Patellar Luxation should not be breed. Yet, she feels it is a better deal to replace the puppy whenever the dogs should have another litter. I refused to make Grandma wait on another puppy or give this one back in hopes she may or may not replace me with a puppy who will probably have the same conditions. I am doing everything in my power to spread the word about this breeder to prevent this from happening to other families. Also, she has a website called http://lesleeslittleluvables.com/...I found this website after all this happened and found out she also breeds Boston Terriers and Chihuahua's. - which she advertises on NextDayPets.com. All the Chihuahua's and Boston Terriers are AKC registered, vet checked, and with a health guarantee (including the littermates of the Yorkie I bought). I had asked her why the Yorkie I bought is any different than all the other puppies she had vet checked and AKC registered. My feeling, she knew the puppy's condition and sold it to us like that anyway without informing us anything. She never did reply to that question. I also cannot believe we never got any indication that she has a "puppy ranch" on that property. So please, DO NOT BUY FROM LESLEE MITCHELL" Thank you!

Sincerely,

atchdca

Thank you all for your support and sympathy! Unfotunately, it continues....Leslee Mitchell had me served with papers this morning. The cost of the puppy was $800, we paid her $600 in cash and $200 in a personal check. After dealing with Leslee the day we found out the puppy was unhealthy I cancelled the personal check for $200.00 since she would not give us a refund. So, she is now suing us for that $200 check we did a stop payment on and additional costs to pay for her other dogs to be checked out by a veterinarian. Then, she wants expenses paid for some expert witness to show up at court. I have no idea why should would want an expert witness and what it would be for?

So far, I contacted every website I know of that she advertises all her puppies on, the local newspaper that we saw the ad in, and sent a breeder complaint packet full of all my correspondance with her as well as the vet report to all of the following:

Attorney General of Oklahoma, Puppy Mills, The Humane Society of the United States, Department of Agriculture – Oklahoma, and the Better Business Bureau of Oklahoma. I just sent this in the mail on Monday, so hopefully something will come out of this.

Anyway, it is all in the hands of our attorney now and all we can do is wait. Wish us luck!

Thanks again,

atchdca

Yes, she even gave me a couple references before I purchased the puppy and they never did respond to my emails. I did send these references information on how this situation is being handled, in case they are real references and in hopes they do not refer this breeder again. I was somewhat disappointed when Nextdaypets.com who has all her listings posted informed me that they will not do anything because I did not purchase the puppy from their website ad. Lycos, on the other hand has been amazing. I reported each listing as fraud and they are in the process of removing her listings as soon as possible and gave me the following helpful hint:

Dear Elizabeth Atchley,

Thanks for contacting the Lycos Classifieds' customer support desk at
Oodle.

We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. I read about
those diseases and I became very angry.

I have already taken steps to remove the listing from our search
results page as soon as possible.

These kinds of crimes are considered to be federal and since you have
lost money, we recommend that you report the lost to the Internet Crime
Complaint Center:
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

So, I filed a complaint and I am still anxiously waiting to hear a response on the packets I mailed out Thursday, July 3rd from the Attorney General of Oklahoma, Puppy Mills, The Humane Society of the United States, Department of Agriculture – Oklahoma, and the Better Business Bureau of Oklahoma.

I also filed a complaint on ripoffreport.com and sent an email to Amanda Taylor with News 9. Hopefully, all this will come through and give us a helping hand!
atchdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!