View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #24
yachtney
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default This is what worked for us on food allergies

I had the same problem with our lil girl - she was chewing her back end and around her eyes were red and she was scratching her face alot. I took her to the vet and its classic food allergies. I was told to put her on Science diet ZD which is for allergies. I am NOT a fan of science diet but I have to admit it is working great! I would much rather holistic but I couldnt find any that worked for her.The kibble size on the ZD is huge for her because she is only 3 pounds so I soaked some until it is was soft and then I crumble some dry kibbles and I use a little of the zd wet and I make her a buffet plate and she eats better than she ever has and the symptoms are going away.It did take about 3-4 weeks to see results though. Two vets told me that it takes 8 weeks to get food allergies out of their system so when you keep switching food its so hard to know what is triggering it - I know because thats what I was doing and it was only making her worse my good intentions were not working. Good luck I know how frustrating this is.
yachtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!