View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 12:00 PM   #6
Ladylavender
YT 500 Club Member

Thanks for the info - does Bella ask to go out? Is the door for her to go out where you can see it, so that if she is standing there or going in that direction would your boyfriend see it.

do these accidents usually happen when only your boyfriend is alone with the dog or do they happen just as often with you there? After 2 hours from the last bathroom break and after breakfast an hour before, it's not unrealistic for Bella to have to go potty, so maybe your boyfriend can be more on a schedule. Perhaps you can ask him to take her out for another potty break before he gets in the shower if his routine is to shower around 9:30am.

I know that while Millie can hold 8 hours while I am at work and 7 -8 hours at night, it seems that she has to go potty with alarming frequency when she is not crated or confined. But Millie is only 4 months old.

Are you concerned and frustrated that after a year she has "not gotten it" (it's not ok to potty in the house?)

I really would like to know if Bella knows to go to the door to ask to go out. Has she demonstrated that she knows what to do? It may be a matter of just figuring out a way to get your attention while she is at the door and maybe you are not noticing. (like bells to ring).
Ladylavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!