View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 11:57 AM   #5
Rem&Silkmom
YT 500 Club Member

When I brought Silk home she was already a year old. She was peeing every where. I made the stupid assumption that since she was a year old she was potty trained. But she was not potty trained to my house. So we had to start over. It has been 5 months and she is just now getting the potty outside concept down. When we wake up at 6am we go potty. One hour later before I get in the shower to go to work we go potty again. If she does not potty then she has to be confined to my bedroom where for some reason she does not potty in there. I think because I caught her squatting one time in my bedroom and I gave her a firm "no" and took her outside she got the idea pretty quick not to potty in my bedroom. However she had a favorite spot behind a chair in the family room. So when we are in there I watch her very closely. I also put down a doggie bed in that spot so she won't pee there. We go out alot at my house almost every hour when we first wake up and at least 3 times between 5-9pm. When she can't be watched we keep her in her kennel.
Chris
Rem&Silkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!