View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #12
angel sweetlips
Yorkie Yakker

Love

LOL I know what you mean. My izzy is so picky and hardly eats. At first she ate ok. She would eat consistantly. Now she barely touches her food. I put cottage cheese in her breakfast and she will eat that. Dry kibble and cottage cheese, and I even tried giving her a lot of that to make up for the times she wont eat throughout the day but..NOPE...She will only eat as much as she wants and then thats it...usually its only half. Anyways I leave food out for her. Sometimes I put a little water in it to moisten it but most times I try to mix it. Dry and wet. I want her to eat the dry kibble so that it will help her teeth some. Anyways I am one of those people who does not want to ever ever start feeding her table food or special types of food. I want her to only like and be use to her food because I know that there are times when I wouldnt be about to get her special food...or whatever. So...Im still working with her. She will eat eventually most times...she will only eat breakfast and then late at night or she may eat some of her food.
I was a little worried that she was going to get hypoglycemic and had started putting karo in her water a lot but I didnt thing that was too good for her either so...now I just give it to her when she seems to need it.
Anyways...Omg I even thought that if I let her get tons of exersize she would be starving and come in and eat but nope.
And you know I think that she stopped eating as great because I changed her routine. I use to get her up around 6am and take her out and then feed her downstairs. Now I take her out around 8am, and feed her afterwards upstairs. Hmmm...
I dunno. Picky dogs...weird to me...Im a new doggy owner too.
angel sweetlips is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!