Thread: Fireworks!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
nydia
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalina82 View Post
if your dog is really bad with fireworks please ask your vet for sedatives to calm them down not knock them out. acepromazine is the most popular. ideally you should starting giving the meds the day before if you know its going to be bad. hopefully they won't get too freaked.

be sure you have a close watch on your dogs. i've seen way too many dogs come in thru emergency because of firework related incidents. Dogs will jump out windows no matter what floor they are on if they want out bad enough.
I just posted a thread about thunder, 2 of my babies freak out when they hear thunder, I didn't know it's gets that bad that they might try to get away and end up seriously hurting themselves. I am on the first floor so I don't know if I should worry about that or not but they do hide and they won't come out even long after the storms are over I think thunder is traumatizing them and we've had thunder storms like back to back up here so should I be worried about that? I didn't think their fear of thunder was that serious.
nydia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!