View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
Ladie
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default My pup wont eat :( :( :(

Man I am having this same problem!! (just read in another thread)

I, like most other people on the board, have tried nearly everything. Here's a synopsis:

First off, she hasn't consistantly lived with me, bc shortly after we received her, I found out I was expecting myself, and the morning sickness took me OVER, so she stayed w grandma for a few weeks 'til I recovered.

All of a sudden when she comes back, she loves me! so I know it's not separation anxiety (will follow me all around the house), but she will not eat (consistently).

First the breeder has us giving her organic food, which we softened with warm water. She ate this for a few weeks 'til we ran out once, and preparing for her arrival I had Plan Pro already in the house, so until the next shipment of the organic food came, I gave her the plan pro kibbles.

She ate this! Wouldn't go back to organic so we kept her there.
Now fast forward to spending time with grandma.

She returns, and won't eat nearly anything. We've come to the conclusion that someone there has been giving her table food, b/c whenever I eat, she'll run RIGHT to me for some of whatever I have.

I tried a little canned food. She ate one brand all up the first time. 2nd go round, didn't touch it.

Next brand, she ate it SO fast i thought I finally had a winner, but returned to her vomit all over the carpet. Needless to say she won't touch that brand anymore.

Now I alternate between can and kibble, but it's like she'll barely touch either. Would much rather whatever I'm eating and my brain says NO but my heart has given her chicken, fries, sweet cereal (like fruity pebbles), saltines and bread! ((so ashamed)). I just don't want her starving!

Please someone help. Everyone I know is saying "just leave the food down, she won't starve herself!" But she'll go to bed w me w.o touching it so I'm guessing she will

I love my lil girl... but being my first dog.. I'm so clueless!
She's 7 months now and about 2.5 lbs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!