Thread: info on yorkies
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #7
Karrie
Donating YT Addict

Your post sounds exactly like my situation when I was looking for a dog. Hubby and I both work - we're both homebodies in the evenings and I wanted a small dog to "live" with us and to run errands around town with.

I chose a yorkie but received a family member. Bailey is adored by everyone in our family (adult kids). Like you, I was concerned about keeping her crated all day. But after talking to other co-workers who have pets - decided that we could do it too. We keep Bailey safe in a ex-pen 8 hrs a day 4 days a week. Its a routine that she is familiar with - and routines are important.

I read that yorkies are hard to house train and can be stubborn. But Bailey was house broke in two months, doesn't bite, doesn't bark, doesn't chew - and is very obedient. She is absolutely PERFECT - she loves to cuddle and has plenty of personallity to enjoy. Not to mention - she's the cuttest thing on earth!!!

So, of course, I think everyone should have a yorkie!! Before we got Bailey - I bought "Yorkshire Terriers for Dummies" - and "House Training for Dummies" - along with few other yorkie books (which pretty much repeated the first two books).

Good luck and feel free to pm me if you have any more questions!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!