Thread: 1 Year Vet Exam
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #10
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofDog View Post
THANKS!! Me too. Louis is a Cavalier, so I think I am going to request a cardiogram b/c Cavaliers are prone to early onset Mitral Valve Disease. Luckily, both his parents are heart clear at ages 5 and 7, so we have a good shot of avoiding Heart disease until he is an old man.
You are so wise to have the cardiogram on Louis. We have Boo the Boxer who has Boxer Cardiomyopathy. It is so common in Boxers that the condition was named for them. Basically it is an electrical conduction disorder that causes the heart to beat erratically. I was completely unaware of the condition until her first episode at age 10. She just flopped over - it looked similar to a seizure, but it wasn't. After a couple of minutes she got up and acted like nothing was wrong. A trip to the vet and an ultra sound plus cardiogram diagnosised the problem. The Dr, Amy told us that Boo would probably be with us for 3 to six months - with proper care and her meds. That was last spring and Boo is still going strong. We cherish every day with her. Sorry if this was long and rather off topic.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!