View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #11
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I would not trust regular Frontline for ticks.
I think it has failed for ticks quite a bit.
I don't think you have to start a between the shoulders product too far in advance. If you want to go with something with permethrin (cringe), I guess I'd try Advantix (cringe again). The only thing is, you may want to use it now while you're at home in case there is a reaction. That wouldn't be fun in the woods a thousand miles from home...
See.....I hear this from you, someone whose opinion I respect so much...and I just don't want to use this crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
Personally, I would use neither and opt instead for Minksheen shampoo right before you go and perhaps again in the middle of the trip for the natural insect repellent benefits. There is also a natural spray on insect repellent made for dogs - I think Happy Tails has one (I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly). I know that scrapindee and Kathy785 donated a raffle prize that had the natural insect repellent (from essential oils)- perhaps PM one of them.......
And instead...I wonder if I should take this route with Happy Tails...

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!