View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

All of the above info is so thorough and helpful - make sure you listen to all these super smart YT people.

I just wanted to add that I did wait for my baby to be 9 months, just because I was hoping more baby teeth would fall out, but she ended up having over 15 baby teeth pulled in conjunction to her spay. My little Bean is only 2.5 pounds and she came through the surgery like a champion.

She actually peed on her papers right when we got home because they had kept her on IV fluids the entire time she was with them at the vet.

(She also went on her super expensive blankie that I had them put in her recovery crate so it would smell like home and be more comfy, but no matter!)

She pooed the next morning and was definitley uncomfortable, but within a week was her normal self, but cautious about her incision, within two weeks she was even more herself, the incision was still closing. I am four weeks past her surgery and its as if it never happened.

I think its harder on us then it is on them! The baby onesies are a great idea, I got preemie ones from kids R us and actually cut pee pee and poopy holes so she could 'go' but not get at her incision. Plus she looked extra cute in the onesie!

Remember the procedure is only about 45 minutes and make sure the vet calls you right after and lets you know what time they plan on putting her under. You should feel comfortable to call as much as you need, or even stay there. I called no less then 7 times!!

Keep in touch with us and let us know how it goes, your baby is gorgeous btw!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!