View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Default My terrible, horrible, rotten, no good, very bad dat.

yesterday afternoon I was carrying bags of stuff to the garage, my hands were full so when i got into the garage, I kicked the door shut. i heard a yelp and dropped the bags and opened the door. One of the puppies had gotten in the way of the door. she cried and cried for a long time even after I picked her up. She would not put any weight on her leg at all.

So this morning I took her to the vet and he xrayed and her leg is broken. So I left her there for them to splint the leg.

I went to the petstore to get some dog food and stopped at kmart to pick up a few things. When i got home, I grabbed the bags of stuff, but could not carry the dog food too, so I left the back of the jeep open. when I got in the house hubby said the vet had called and puppy was ready to pick up.

I went out got in the car and started to back up. I heard a noise, and realized that the back of the car was still open so I pulled ahead and got out to close it. No damage, it closed fine.

I went to get back in the car and it started to roll, I paniced, I jumped in and went to put on the brake but hit the gas instead. The car door was still open as I went speeding backward out of the garage and watched in horror as my car door was bent completely in the wrong direction.

I managed to get it under control, just shy of hitting the house. But the door would not close. When I got out to close the back, I had put it in reverse, not in park as I had thought.

Our old truck is totally unreliable, yesterday I turned it off at the dump while I unloaded a load of junk and had to have the men jump it to start it.

fortunately, it did start for me however, so I took it to go and get the puppy and I left it running while I was inside. Just my luck, NO ONE STOLE IT.

So we called a friend (many of you know, my husband is disabled) to come out and help to get the car door shut so I can at least drive it, I have to enter from the passenger side.

And Poor puppy has a huge splint on her leg, that she has to wear for 6 weeks.

that all happened before lunch. I sure could use a drink.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!