View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariey223 View Post
hi my name is marie and i'm new here ! i have an 8 month old 3lb yorkie who i am obsessed with. shes my baby! i'm stressing out over her spay. its been postponed twice so far. once because she had dirreha due to something bad she ate (boo boo ) and the other time due to a mix up in schedule (i stressed out for 2 weeks FOR NO REASON !). her spay is on july 3rd and im already stressing out again. she goes to petsmart banfield vets and i really like it there. i had gone to a different vet prior and i felt they werent as professional and didnt follow up on her. i just wanted to know what to expect after shes spayed and what i should be prepared for

AND i just realized a day after her surgery the poor girl has to hear fireworks going off every 5 minutes BABYYY

When you pick her up she will be in pain and a bit groggy. When you get her home make her comfy. Be sure to ask for some pain meds. Zoey came home with pain meds that were taken twice a day for three days and antibiotics that were for a whole week. She probably wont' eat much but will want to drink and she will be peeing from the iv. Also ask the vet to remove any extra teeth while she is under so you won't have that worry. By the following morning Zoey was right as rain. She was in a bit of pain from the surgery but mommy made sure to give her those pain pills and lots of treats. I didn't have any problems with her harrassing her sutures. I did take the day off so I could have three consecutive days off with her to baby her and give her all the attention she needed. Otherwise nothing else that was noteworthy. My Zoey was 2 lbs 13 ozs when I had her spayed last month on the 26th. No problems at all. When her sister Lulu was spayed she was around the same weight as well.

Good luck and don't be too nervous. They pick up on our nerves.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!