View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 02:48 AM   #4
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by x t i n e
Does anyone own a Shih Tzu? My mom is getting a baby Shih Tzu in a couple of weeks and I'd like to learn a little bit about them from your personal experiences.

I know i could read up on the internet all day on the general temperament etc, but out of experience.. what should i be expecting? are they anything like Yorkies? like temperament wise etc.

thanks in advance my YT fam!

We have a 14 year old Shih Tzu. She has been a very good dog. She dosen't think she is a dog. This may just be her. I really don't remember her playing a whole lot even as a baby. This may be though because, I got her from my sister who at the time had 2 Shih Tzu that had puppies just within a copule of weeks of each other. The grandmother to ours was so jealous that she killed all of the pups from the other litter except for ours. At the time my mom & dad were at my sister staying for a little while in a small house they had outback so, my mom took precious and her mom and kept them and needless to say she was spoiled rotten and to this day whenever my mom is around that who precious would rather be with.

Dogs remember a lot more than people give them credit for.

Anyway I sure your mom's will be a great dog. The only suggestion that I have is and this may not be all Shih Tzu's, I wouldn't train them to go on pads or papers I would try to train them to go specifically outside. Precious has never totally housebroken. My sister trained all of hers to papers and I have never done that since and I've had 2 yorkies that I housetrained since then and soon to be a third. This is just my opinion & preference.

Just a suggestion.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!