View Single Post
Old 06-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #1
ShellKaye
Yorkie Yakker

Default 4 months and already marking?

I have an older dog (a little over a year old) that I had neutered on Tuesday. Mason, my 4 month old has been lifting his leg outside when he pees and what we call "popping his clutch" when he does the big nasty outside. He has been doing this for about 2-3 weeks now. My groomer and my vet said he is just probably watching the older inside dog and our lab who is outside and copying their behavior. Well, I took him to my Mom's house to play with his litter mate. He went into her washroom and marked her clothes hamper. Now, my mom is a neat freak. There was no old pee pad or dirty towel anywhere that may have had her puppies scent on it that he may have just been peeing on. She throws a pee pad away everytime her puppy goes one time on it. (I'm not kidding!) Mason has not done this in my house but I am a little worried that this is the beginning of trouble if I have to wait another 6 to 8 weeks before I can have him neutered. My vet will not neuter until they are 6 months old. Has anyone had a male start this young?
ShellKaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!