View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #15
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Thank you everyone~ it is really comforting to get replies that understand what I'm trying to describe and am never sure if I'm being clear enough, albeit, WORDY.

I feel a little better that whatever it was, I just need to stay calm and comfort him as best I can and just make sure he's breathing (I have a HUGE hangup about that for some reason...sometimes you feel so frantic, you aren't sure and there's NEVER a little mirror around or a stethoscope nearby when stuff like this happens).

I swear, if this wasn't a leased house, I'd rip those blinds out of here immediately (actually they would have been gone the day we moved in). And if I told my dh, he'd totally freak out and probably call the landlord and demand that they get rid of them and replace them with something else, LOL.

One thing that I DO, is keep notes on things that happen like this in a file for Max (and Madison has his own file too). It really helps when something occurs and it's not something that happens all the time, (or maybe it IS) but you can go back and look to see when it happened last, or how frequently it seems to be happening and what the episode was like. Like when they get sick, how they were acting that day before they were sick, and what they were eating, what their poops were like; what their activity was like, etc. It's really helped me a lot to kind of figure out if something is really DIFFERENT or an emergency (I mean, I know some emergencies are OBVIOUS, but some are not so obvious). And if I do have to take them in for medical attention, I can give precise information instead of my usual vague (one day is pretty much like the next here) "well, sometime last year....or maybe it was the year before....." sort of information. I swear, my brain is like a sieve anymore.....so notes are a good thing.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!