View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 PM   #8
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Oh, poor Max! I just hate it when they shake and I can't make it go away, I feel so terrible!

I'm thinking, for some reason, that it doesn't sound like a seizure - even though he was kind of stiff. Although - a very loud sound can induce a seizure - but I think it would've generalized a bit, don't you? Also, I think he would've drooled a bit as his mouth was involved, if the "possible" seizure was localized but included mouth/front of body. Were his eyes funky or acting normal? Poor honey.

Another thought I had was - do you think maybe he was scared of something before he even came to the door - something outside maybe? So then, the combo of wanting to come in bc he was scared, then the blind falling just scared the poo out of him?

No, no drooling...he was sitting straight up when I was holding him, but his jaw was clenched and I know sometimes when people have seizures that happens too. He definitely wasn't scared before that thing fell; he had just run over to the door so I could open it up to let them out. His eyes were looking at me, and didn't look TOO weird while this was happening. It was just how hard he was shaking...not like that shaking they do normally when they're excited or scared (or waiting for food)...this was really really hard. I don't know, sometimes it's just so hard to figure these little guys out! Geeze, he had a rough day yesterday! The gardeners had been there earlier (his bark fiesta day) and he had to take care of that ALL ALONE b/c Madison was busy being neutered, and then he got in trouble b/c he raced outside when one of the gardeners was in the back and I made the mistake of going to get the towels off the lounges before they used the leaf blower. Maybe it was just the combination of being reprimanded and later having that evil piece of plastic falling toward him! He hardly ever gets spoken to sternly b/c he's so good almost all the time. The gardeners and the pest control guy just push his buttons, LOL. My sweet little boy....I suppose time will tell, but why do these things only happen AFTER the vet is closed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!