View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Default This was so strange...what do you think?

I took so long to post about this b/c I needed to think clearly about it, but I wanted to see if anything like this has happened to anyone else.

The day before yesterday (Tuesday), not long after I got Madison home from his neuter, I went to let both Max and Madison out in the back to go weewee.

We have those horrible vertical blinds (the CHEAP kind,not nice ones) and they're always getting twisted or wonky....I had them pulled partway across the sliding door to keep the hot sun out as long as I could, so I went to open them before pulling them across. When I went to open them a little, they were stuck (as per usual), so I pulled kind of hard on them, and one of the slats fell out and fell down to the floor (they're LONG) and Max was standing close to the door, waiting for me to open it.

Well, Max has always been a little scared of the blinds to begin with, like if they're blowing when there's a breeze. Anyhow, this slat fell (didn't hit him) and he ran over to the sofa. I turned around and saw him sitting between the sofa and the cocktail table and he was SHAKING harder than I've EVER seen him shake. I felt so bad, so I went over and picked him up, telling him it was "OK", but he just shook harder and harder. His eyes seemed to focus on me but his teeth were clenched. I was alone and couldn't possibly drive myself anywhere even if I were inclined to do so, and couldn't take the time to even call anyone, I was so scared and worried. I finally pried his mouth open, just to make sure his airway was patent and open, which it was. But he shook for a good 5 or more minutes. I could tell he could hear me, but he just couldn't stop shaking. When I put him onto the bed, it seemed like his front legs were stiff and he was a little unsteady for a few seconds.

I am only used to human seizures. Does this sound like it might have been a seizure? I mean of course, it COULD have been, but I'm just not sure. And I know that it never would have occurred if that slat hadn't fallen down and scared him, so could fear precipitate a seizure, or was he just scared poopless? I just don't know what to think at this point. I just don't want it to happen again. My poor little baby! He's fine now btw.

Last edited by nvnvgirl; 06-12-2008 at 02:45 PM.
nvnvgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!