View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 02:20 PM   #11
quincyboy
Yorkie Talker

Hello everyone !!
I have a puppy named jimmy,he is 10 weeks old right now and it is very cold in ohio where i live,so i cannot take him outside right away like i did with my one year old yorkie quincy.Here is what i've been doing with jimmy and maybe this will help.I started out first by putting paper in the top of a old lid he would not go on the paper ever as soon as he would hop out of the lid and my back was turned for a second he would pee or poop just that quickly,so i decided to try the pee pads,well he would walk right off the pad or try and chew it at times,i was so frustrated so then i went to wal mart a bought a big see through storage bin put the pad in there and after naps,meals,playtimes,i would put him in there would wait till he would go and when he did i would give him a greenies (the lil rock size ones)i've only been doing this for 3 days but it's the best thing i've come up with yet.thestorage bin was perfect because i could wait for him to go and watch him but maybe also get some dishes done at the same time.i don't crate train him i work midnights so at night and during my sleep hours during the day i put a baby gate in my kitchen and a big box that his crate with the door open is in the big box is like his own little house he can go in his own little house or come out and play in the big kitchen i do lay a pee pad in a cat litter pan while i'm sleeping or while i'm at work so when he does finally get the hang of going on the pads he can go on the pad in the litter box.well i hope this helps it has me so far but i'm still keeping my fingers crossed goodluck with all your potty training
llinda
quincyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!