View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
kpstoybox
Do you like Parti's?"
Donating Member

Hi Rose!!
I hope you remember me. : )

I wanted to comment on your question..as I too feel that a BAT test is just not warrented at this young of an age.

I recently had my 1st litter out of my Biewer's which consisted of one gorgeous female puppy. Both parents were BAT tested normal. DNA'd, Patella normal.
The pup recieved her 1st puppy shot at 8 weeks of age, and I had my vet run a full blood panel at 10 weeks of age. I wanted to make sure that the liver, kidney's, etc were all working normal before sending her home at 12 weeks. If that blood test would have showed any abnormal numbers..I would have proceeded to the more advanced testing.

Now...I will admit...I was horrified to see that the blood sample was aggressively taken from her jugular vein and seemed to upset me more then it did the puppy. But it helped to show me and more importantly...her new owner...that this puppy was healthy and God willing...will stay that way. : )

I am expecting my 2nd litter of Biewer's this Sunday...and will do the same routine as far as LS screening is concerned.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

Take care,

Karen
kpstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!