View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 05:04 AM   #45
GreenwoodBiewer
YT Addict

I appreciate this discussion and hope it can remain a discussion.

My opinon is not so much "what" the dog is called.. there maybe valid reasons TO change the name someday, that is not the issue I have. If, after years of experience with this dog, the majority of the Biewer Community feels a need for discussions on the future path of the Biewers, great, I would welcome that day.

What concerns me is that one VERY small group of people have taken it on themselves TO try and change the name. The dogs have been in this country for a very VERY short time (around 5 years)... What gives any of us the right just to go off and decide that we can just go change a name and or a standard of a dog in such a short time?

There was NO discussion amongst the majority of the Biewer breeders/owners or other clubs (although as you can see discussions don't work that great) Just a very small handful of people deciding what they wanted to do. The chance that the rest of the Biewer world is just going to "fall in line" with this is an issue and unfortunately it gets in the way of people coming together to discuss and move forward.

In an ideal world, the German breeders and the owners/breeders/fanciers in this country (and others too of course) could hold a discussion and get input from ALL of those concerned. This is a lovely lovely breed and far to precious to be manipulated by just a few people.

The history of the Biewers is still being written and there are many who care deeply about how this story goes. JMO

-Diana
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!