View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #33
AprilLove
My Three Hearts
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruett View Post
I Know there are 2 different breeds, the Biewer Terrier, and the Yorkshire Terrier. Although we started out with a few dogs to see if the Biewer Terrier would test true Yorkshire Terrier, we quickly became involved in a major research study because of the results of the first tests. The scientists were so fascinated with the results we ended up having almost a 100 dogs tested to strengthen the findings. Shortly thereafter the BBCI submitted 3 dogs for coat color tests which substantiates the distinct difference between the Yorkshire Terrier and Biewer Terrier even more. If you are going to be involved in scientific studies, you have to accepted the findings whether you like them or not.

I think Cindy and Jan made good points about the new breeders not knowing what their doing. Since so many of the Biewer Breeders have never bred anything before buying their dogs 3 or 4 years ago. These people now seem to know more about breeding than most people that have been breeding for decades. They need to listen more and talk less.

As far as health issues in our breed, you two must be privy to information that I am not aware of. I know of the L.S. lines that many people are breeding, is this what you are talking about? Or is it the horrible under bites I've heard about is some of the breeders offspring? We think it is important to share all issues concerning our breed.

Quantity does not always mean Quality. One person is always throwing the " I've been breeding longer than you nanabooboo" line around.
Experience does not just mean in years or time.. Experience is quality of work.
A puppymiller can be kicking out hundreds of pups a year for 15 years, does this make them better than the breeder who has just started in the last 4 years and maybe has not yet produced their first litter? Or maybe are careful to learn all they can before mating two potential breeders?? Or have only produced (carefully) one or two litters?

I think it is fair to say that many of the breeders involved in the Biewers, have all had the same amount of experience with breeding the Biewers as they were only imported in the last few years
For someone to say "I know" then that person needs to provide the facts that support that positive knowledge. "I KNOW" is a very bold statement. Talking down to people that have less time in breeding or any other endeavor, for that matter, is just disrespectful.

Edited to add: I am now guilty of going off topic as the others have, I apologize and I did answer the original topic "DO you consider either or" etc. in my first post on this thread

Last edited by AprilLove; 06-08-2008 at 03:35 PM.
AprilLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!