View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #15
littlelady
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenyorkies View Post
Did she hurt herself on the box?...If so maybe that is why she doesn't want to go in...Don't give Mom too much room to roam away from the box...The pups are at the age where Mom may lay outside the box but when pups whimper and start to cry she should want to hop in and take care of their needs...

Very sorry to hear of your sire!
She is attentive to their whimpers but I have to lift her into the box now, or get them out to the side of the box for her. I don't think she has injured her teats . I have seen her jump over the sides and literally hold her himd legs in the air till she has cleared the sides to put her legs down around her pups without jumping on them. She will use the ledge from the inside to jump out. She will lay on the floor were there is cool air coming in or on a hard surfaced floor. She does not like to be away from the pups unless she is with me. I am still feeding her from my hands if she won't eat enough. I think the demand of the 7 puppies is just exhausting her. They are all doing well. Maybe I help her out too much. I just can't help putting a puppy to her etc.
littlelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!