View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #1
Biewer4luv
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Response To Jenny Lam Thread

I have never came here and posted but felt it was necessary as Jenny Lam has decided to take on a campaign to smear myself and my dogs.

Mid May Jenny Lam contacted me on numerous occasions in regards to purchasing a small male. She couldn't decide if she wanted 1 of my new small males that were about 4-5 weeks old at the time or Bremen who was already 8 months. She decided she wanted to purchase Bremen, due to his maturity, color and markings. I informed her to look at my website to see that the way we sell our puppies is AS PETS. She asked me if she could purchase Bremen as a breeder and I explained to her, not until he is one year of age and has been reevaluated, that IF she felt she would like to introduce him into her breeding program that would be fine, and that she could then pay the $1,000. more for breeding rights at that time. This is how our Biewer Yorkshire Terrier ala pom pons are sold. It is plainly written on our website and she was told this through phone conversations and emails. They were also advertised on Puppyfind as pets. (We feel no one can guarantee show quality or breeding quality for these puppies until they are atleast 1 year of age. (The IABCA considers adults at 16 months and older.)
We sell our Biewer Yorkies as pets for $1800. IF you hold a puppy for one year to see how it matures, reevaluate the puppy, and pay for breeding rights, if we agree and the dog qualifies for breeding and has good qualities to be bred,we offer the option to purchase full breeding rights. Bringing the total purchase to $2800. (Jenny Lam was paying $200. for his transportation costs.) Jenny Lam did ask if at first if she could pay the full $2800. and immediately receive full breeding rights. I told her NO, due to the fact that he is not ready for mating. He does need time to complete maturity, he is not 1 year of age yet. I sent her my PET contract and she signed and agreed and wrote in herself that the deposit of $900. was paid and that the remaining $900. of his pet price would be paid before his delivery.

I agreed to sell Bremen under these circumstances to Jenny Lam. Jenny Lam then sent me a deposit through paypal of $900. Attached was a note saying that she was purchasing Bremen and that this was his deposit. Jenny also signed and faxed back to me our Pet Contract, that states that deposits are nonrefundble! After several days, I received an email from Pay Pal stating that Jenny Lam had stated that the charge was fraudulently "misauthorized."
Therefore placing the deposit of $900. in a "hold" position, until their investigators could resolve this issue. After receiving this email from Paypal, I received an email from Jenny Lam stating she had changed her mind and no longer wanted to purchase Bremen. She insisted on an immediate refund. (while she herself had placed the refund in the hold position and accused me of "misauthorized" charging this deposit.)
During the time the deposit was being held by Paypal, Jenny Lam decided to began her campaign in an attempt to defame my character. I was also threatened along with my husband and my 13 yr. old son, in emails written and sent to me from Jenny Lam.
I was not going to release funds to her that she had on hold AND write her another check for another $900. This appeared to me as an attempt to be "double dipping." I replied to her that I would let Paypal make their decision.
After reviewing the contract that Jenny Lam herself signed and agreed to, emails sent by Jenny Lam and the note she originally attached to the deposit with Paypal, Paypal released the funds to me.

To recap per our contract, which Jenny Lam agreed to and wrote in herself on the contract that she would be paying $3,000. total, and broke it up as we had discussed, pet price $1800. $200. transportation and $1,000. for breeding rights and also in an email she wrote the $1,000. for breeding rights would be paid by Sept.1st if she entered him into her breeding program.

In regards to false accusations of my breeding practices, Jenny Lam has repeatedly stated that I breed liver shunt puppies and luxating patellas.
I request immediate proof of such lies, not just hearsay from other disgruntled breeders that have puppies listed for sale also on Puppyfind.

I have no liver shunt in my breeders (or pets) and have OFA certificates on all of my dogs for luxating patellas (Grade 0-Negative).
Unfortunatly, Jenny Lam was misinformed and led to believe that my "Belle" or "Bellchen" has been bred OR that she was misled to believe that Belle and Bremen were brother/sister. (This is NOT true!) Holly Day on Ice was "Belles" litter sibling that did pass away from a Congenital Liver Shunt. I was the 1st to break the news of our heartache publicly on other forums from Heidi Gonzales.
BELLE/BELLCHEN HAS NEVER BEEN BRED-NOR WILL SHE!!! She belongs with our family as a sweet loving wonderful pet for my 13 yr. old son.
Again, I request from Jenny Lam proof of her false accusations against my lines of breeding.

Bremens Story: I think Stacey pretty well summed it up. Photos received by Jenny Lam and posted here were taken in Feb. and not taken recently which Jenny Lam based her original purchase decision on. I have told Jenny Lam verbally and in writing that Bremen was NOT a show dog. Some dogs do not like to show and Bremen is certainly one of them. Photos she received were of a scared shy boy that didn't want to be there.
Bremen is a perfectly healthy dog with a negative liver bile assay result. He has been tested throughly and his vet has stated it is not necessary for any further testing to be done on him, until he is 1 year of age and has more fully matured.
Jenny Lam was going to receive when Bremen was delivered to her a Florida state Health Certificate, all health records, pet pedigree, and copies of IBC registration from both parents, shot records, numerous written critiques from judges that have judged him in his past, his ribbons won with the NAKC, and his Baby International and National Championship title when it comes in from the IABCA. She would of also received his full DHS registration and BNR registry once it was agreed upon on, on or about Sept 1st (after his 1st birthday).

Bremens parents have both received 4 International/National Championship Titles as puppies (3) AND 1 EACH as adults. It is our goal to show our breeders in the showring for writtten critiques and opinions from other judges to assure our breeding program is on track...not for competition.
(To Be Continued on next post)....Sorry sooo long!

Barons story: Paula came to me searching for a pet Biewer and wanted to purchase Baron. I did feel he had show potential at that time and wanted him to be shown so that we could see where our breeding program was going. He was of our Danika/Noahs 1st litter. Paula came to our home and was able to see the parents, littermates and our other dogs. She had difficulty in deciding to choose Baron or Bremen, but then decide on Baron. Berlin, another sibling was sold as a forever pet due to his size.
I did encourage Paula to bring Baron to the Orlando May IABCA show,and had not seen him since the 1st of Dec. (5 months), Baron developed an undershot bite and at 8 months of age has not finished filling out. He too was very scared and nervous as this was his 1st showing, as was his owner Paula. Paula arranged a meeting with one of the judges to talk about Baron, and who refused to comment on Bremen, but basically due to Barons structure (undershot bite) in his opinion, should be neutured. I agreed.Had his undershot bite been shown to me prior, I would of pulled him myself.
Somehow many have added in that I was told by this judge to also have Bremen neutured...that was not the case! Unfortunatly Paula has posted that this is what the judge stated, but I think we have all read what Stacey has stated, which I believe is the truth, and what I recall the judge stating myself. He stated he had not judged Bremen at that time and refused to comment on him.
I assured Paula that I would back my dogs and we would sit down and come to a solution to this issue. Paula was told to change his diet by myself, the judge and her vet. Also, the judge told her to let him run and exercise to produce muscletone.
On Monday, the day after the show, I received the following email:
Subject: Baron
Date: May 4, 2008 7:07 PM
Hi Wanda,

I know I will get upset, so please forgive me for sending this information to you by email instead of a phone call. This is an extremely difficult decision for Ed and me to make with Baron. I was very upset to hear from the judges all about Baron. We all learned a lot this weekend. Ed & I talked all the way home and here is what we have come up.
We paid $2800 for Baron and would like $1300 plus show entries of $124 back ($1424). We would keep Baron and get him neutered.
We would keep this confidential between us and no one else.
Again, please forgive me for not calling.
Hugs & Kisses
Paula & Baron
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!