View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #13
Pinehaven
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudys Mom View Post
Good Luck at your Dr's appointment. That's a shame they changed your appointment to almost a week later. I hope it's not Diabetes that you have but if it is, the Dr's will give you all the tools/information you will need.

My daughter 2 years ago at age 20 was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. The Dr. put her in the hospital to get her blood sugar under control. She is on needle therapy. Right now she says she doesn't want to get the Insulin Pump because she doesn't want something permantely attached to her body. It's a personal choice. I pray that a cure for Diabetes is in the near future.

I pray that there will be a cure too, there have been a lot of advances in this area, so hopefully one day soon ...

I just wanted to comment that the pumps infusion set is not "permanently" attached. The tiny flexible plastic catheter is thinner than the post on an earring and is 1/8" long, you inject it normally into your abdomen and change the site every 3 days. You put it in and you take it out, it's easy and doesn't hurt any more than any other needle injection.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!