View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
Pinehaven
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONLYNN View Post
I have a friend who is diabetic but she doesn't use the pump thing because she said it really limits you and what you can wear...just something to think about if it comes to that.
Maybe your friend hasn't looked at all the "accessories" that the pump has. I just bought my daughter a pump case that she will wear around her leg, so when wearing a dress, it's completely undetected. They also have pump cases that attach to your bra, great for jogging or really active times. Most of the time she just clips it to her pants or skirt and people think it's a beeper.

The pump easily detaches from the infusion set so she can take the pump off for showers or swimming. You just toss the pump into bed and than jump under the covers, the infusion set (tubing) is 24 inches long, so there's room to roll and toss and not feel like you're laying on a hard lump when you're sleeping.

The benefits of the pump and the tight blood glucose control she has gotten from being on the pump, outweighed any clothing issues she may have :-)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!