View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 12:12 PM   #14
erino77
Currently Suspended!

Thumbs up overdue reply....sorry ;)

Hello everyone who responded! I want to update this as I feel like an idiot I DO NOT use a slicker brush on my furkiddos. I use a metal comb and a 2 sided brush, when i said slicker I meant to say soft bristle brush!! I don't know whatever possesed me to come up with slicker!! I don't even own one of those I had a Petedge book I just looked through looking at brushes/combs and grooming products before posting the original post and maybe because it was 2:30 am and I was tired it just stuck in my head ACK please don't think I use that!!!
What I ended up doing w/ Koda is shaving his belly about 3/4 inch. I had to cut into 2 of the mats on his shoulders BUT he is now MAT FREE and has not had any AT ALL! I have been combing/brushing him 2x a day now instead on just once a day using the Glocoat. Also cut down on the clothes wearing and he has been wearing his new silk lined harness vest which I believe has helped wonders Koda looks and feels (I believe) better. Now I need to get up the courage to work on his ears, lol! They look humungous right now but i am scared to cut and they will look all choppy & funny Maybe I should just take him and get groomed professionaly But I really want to learn to do this myself. I guess it will always grow out right?!?
Thanks ever so much for all the help, tips & pics
I have posted a response to everyone below. As I don't know how to do the multiple quotes in a single post....

Lorene, Koda mats bad under his front legs, kinda of the armpit area I would call it. Also his belly, but I shaved it to 3/4 inch and it's great now. It also gets bad on his shoulders. I think wearing shirts doesn't help I have been using his new silk lined harness you made for him whenever he goes out and not putting shirts on, on a daily basis. Also been using the Glocoat when we comb & brush 2x daily, it smells so good too! I am going to look up a pic of Samira, do you have a pic of her w/ her cut like this??

Tasha07x...Baily looks so cute in his puppy cut! I agree when Koda had a puppy cut I think he felt so much better too

Patti...I know when we had Koda in his puppy cut he didn't mat at all. He was so soft and silky feeling we/he loved it

Chelseababy...I'll have to look up some pics of your babies new do

Rebelbelle...Jamie looks adorable!

Anne...Maravilhosa is such miracle in more ways than one

Sophies mama...I think thats what I would like to do to. Face and legs a little longer than body. Would be a lot cooler for him in the summer too

Aprillove...I think they moved this to the grooming sect for me

Suencricket2...I looked over this on your link a week or 2 ago! Sounds great and I will be contacting you within the next 2 weeks to order this. I think it will be a great deal of help to me

MyTrixie143...Sugar is gorgeous!! I love the cut
erino77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!