View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
spr377
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
wow what a roller coaster. My guess would be it is a combo of things... she was clearly very sick from the kennel cough... my Layla had it and it was very hard on her.. and to be on two rounds of antibiotics is hard on their bodies. Then two dogs came over and they played very hard... and it is probably a bit of hypoglycemia. Do you have Nutrical at home? or corn syrup or honey. that will work to quickly get things back up.. i'm sure you know to look at their gums to see if they are white. I woudln't assume liver issues just yet. I know it can be scary when they bring that word up... to me it just sounds like a bit too much for one litle girl! 4 months is NOT too young to have low sugar... there is no such thing.. it could happen to Layla tomorrow. she is 2 and 6 lbs. i would keep an eye on her tonight.. but since she has eaten i'd say her sugar should be fine I'd be staying away from the baby food now that she is eating.. it is very high in fat for our little guys. I'd for sure get the liver test done (bile acid test) but i think every yorkie shoudl have it done... but i'd expect normal results.. i'ms ure tomororw she will be back to normal.. she is probably EXHAUSTED from everything today. GOod luck and keep me posted!

Great advice! I agree with all of it. She is probably just pooped out......her little muscles are probably all rubbery, just like ours would be if we had run a mile after never doing it!
spr377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!