View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 05:03 AM   #7
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

I agree. I thinks it is fine to leave her, but, definatley make the space small. TJ (7 months) and Roxy (9 months) are confined to a spare room, that I have had to make even smaller, kinda like a home made x-pen. I have cardboard wrapped in sheets with tall plastic garbage pails stuff with heavy boats and shoes (so they can't move them) holding the sheet/cardboard in place. My guys eat everything!!! They were eating the corner walls, the corner wood/painted moulding, the corner of the wood dresser, the corner of the wood/stained door, the wooden baby gate. Then I taped cardboard up to all these things, and they would eat the cardboard and the tape and the wee wee pads and the poop! SO, I wrapped up all the cardboard in sheets and I have finally have control of it. NOW, they only go for the poop (if they feel like it). Sometimes the wee wee pad will be out of the box and on the other side of the room! I am gone form 8 to 5 or 6 pm. Everyday is a surprise! Just when you think you have puppy proofed everything, they find SOMETHING...
Just becareful. I have had to go to this extreme with their room (just imagine what is looks like with all sheet/cardboards and garbages filled with shoes :-) b/c mine like to eat and chew on anything they can! And it wouldn't be so bad, but TJ has an EXTREMELY sensitive tummy and I am constantly dealing with mucus poop and girgiling noises from his rear b/c of things his digests!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!