View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMySprocket View Post
oh really? no I havent really noticed because he was free to go whenever he wanted to in his room in the other house! also, while we are doing this, should i be putting him in his crate again while I am at work? the crate was never really that great for him because he went to the bathroom in there and would be covered in his own mess (and yes I even had it restricted so he only had enough room to lay and move minimally) haha sorry for all the questions, I am very frustrated!
So you're not home to know when he goes? Guess you don't know what his schedule is.

Some tips....all of mine go first thing in the morning. I mean immediately before anything else is done at my house...they have to go out to potty. Understand I still wait probably 10 minutes....my oldest will run out and pee and wants back inside...but I know she needs to do the other. It just hasn't "kicked" in yet. Yours probably will need to go first thing in the morning...my oldest two...poop two/three times a day. Morning... 2ish afternoon and again we get home from work at 5.

When he poops outside....praise him to high heaven and give him a treat. I use the phrase go potty with mine. Mine will all pee on the command go potty.

I wouldn't leave him unrestricted in the house. Either use his crate...or I use an x pen...it's big enough for a bed, some toys...and a pee pad. My older two were never trained to pads....Reggie is. We are working on going outside all the time with him.

Last edited by bchgirl; 06-02-2008 at 10:02 AM.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!