View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
litotincan
Yorkie Yakker

Default Long Long Story.. Hope you dont mind.. My Journey to finding the right pup..

Here is my story.. I bought a puppy from a breeder here in Alberta and named her suki. She was ckc reg'd with a no breeding contract. She was the perfect little thing until she past away after only 2 weeks of having her. Vet said it was from cardiopulmonary arrest(heart attack). Anyways, our whole family was already attached to poor suki. I also bought a little harness from fellow yter Magsy. The breeder was going to give us a little boy in return and when i called her the next day, he was already taken by another person who lost their yorkie due to a furniture moving accident.

Afterwards she did say to wait till later June when she might have a little boy available to me but i she kept asking for Suki to get a autopsy, Which isnt possible due to her being cremated.

Anyways, i stopped hearing from this breeder so i went on a journey to find another puppy to bring joy back into the family.

I read a add on alberta Kijii for a "t-cup" puppy selling for $1800 ckc limited registration.. Called the breeder and was going to meet her Saturday. i talked to her a couple times on friday and asked for more details. Found out that when i purchase the puppy.. i won't get to keep the papers of her registration. Her story claims that many people tend to switch puppies and then breed her little puppies. So i asked her for just a paper copied when the registration comes.. so i kno that she is registered even tho i wont be breeding her. it just feels safer to me knowing i didnt buy from a puppy mill.

Anyways she said she cant even give me a paper copy but she can give me her parents.. also a couple red flags came up while asking more info.. she didnt want me to meet her at her home but on a street. and it seemed like she vaccinated the puppy alot.. she said something about every 2 weeks.

the story goes.. i ended up saying i wont be going to pick up the puppy and she just said "Alright i will be going on to the next buyer then and hung up on me"

I seriously am thinking about giving up already..

There really arent much qualified Breeders up here in Canada.. Alot of people trying to rip u off for money..

I saw a pup selling for $1000 non registered.. is it really bad to buy a puppy that is unregistered but needs a good pet home? Her b-day is one day before sukis.. suki was born on leap year day 2/29 and this pup is born 2/28..

I am just looking for a healthy pup now.. i just want her to live longer than Suki had..

Last edited by litotincan; 06-02-2008 at 09:59 AM.
litotincan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!