View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default My dogs are driving me crazy...not sleeping and restless at night!

I have 3 dogs...one always sleeps in bed with me, one of the others almost always does, and the other rarely. However the two that do are really disrupting my sleep (I am a very light sleeper). They toss and turn, scratch and bite themselves, jump down from the bed to get a drink, or demand to go out in the middle of the night (doesnt happen too often). When they jump down they cant get back up...bed is too high...tried the portable steps, they wouldnt use them. If I dont pick them up they bark till I do. I am going crazy!

I cant let them roam the house at night either, because they all are prone to accidents if they do.
I really like having them sleep with me but am thinking that I might need to stop so that I can get some sleep.
Are all dogs restless like this at night?
Any suggestions for how I can train them to use their own beds if I choose to do that? I know it will be hard but it is even possible now after years of sleeping with me? Id love to keep them in my bed if they could be calmer but maybe it isnt in a dogs nature.. Any advice? Thanks
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!