View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 05:04 AM   #5
Gracie'sMommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

[QUOTE=debi_s]I am beginning to fear something like liver shunt.....because of her small size and the coordination thing.......vet did blood when I first got her but said everything was ok......

[QUOTE]

Debi, my baby is about the same age (16 weeks) and she's only about 1 1/2 lbs. at best. (She was 1 lb. 4 oz. at 13 weeks) She has those moments of what we call walking like a Nova with a bad back end! She walks sideways, for lack of a better way to describe it! Or she gets going and trips over her own momentum and rolls! I think it's just small puppyness. Your baby doesn't really sound like anything is wrong (to me, but I'm not a vet!) because Gracie goes through most of those same things. Some days I have to force feed her because she just has no appetite, but the next day she's ravenous! Some days she's got loose stools, some days hard, some just right.

I don't give Gracie the Nutrical now as often as I did before because she doesn't appear to need it. I do squirt a bit on her food once a day, and on the days she doesn't have much appetite I certainly give it to her, but in general she gets it on an "as needed" basis. If she hasn't eaten in the couple of hours before bedtime, I throw a treat in her kennel at night just so that if she gets hungry, she has something to eat so that her blood sugar won't drop. But other than two instances the first few days I had her with hypoglycemia, she's never had a problem.

I'd say just keep an eye on your little one, supplement as needed and don't compare her to anybody BUT her!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!