Thread: OMG...Say What?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
KitKatJam
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused OMG...Say What?

My sister showed her boy-friends family some pictures of my baby boy Lyric and they told her to ask me for more pictures because they didn't believe he was a yorkie and thought he was a mix, because he looks nothing like there yorkie.

I spent almost an hour on the phone with him trying to explain that there is only one yorkie breed but they weren't convinced. Well today I decided to browse pictures of different yorkie hair cuts and I came across this site.

And it said something about teacup yorkies there were a lot of things that were red flags but this is what stood out in my mind.

"Teacup Yorkies are very rarely seen in shelter populations and have retained their breed elegance by dedicated breeders that know and understand the breed standard. Understanding the standard of the Teacup Yorkies and the genetics in the breed may take many years. Not understanding the standard of the Teacup Yorkies to deteriorate to a “me too” breed that is over bred and ends up in shelter populations. This is not what you want for the Teacup Yorkies, or for any breed of Teacup Yorkies.

That the "Teacup Yorkies was neither terrier nor spaniel. Rather, he should correctly be referred~ "

There is no standard to the teacup yorkie because there is no such thing.
I have no clue what the last part means?

They only have a health guarantee or life insurance guarantee if your puppy costs over 2,000.00

They do have pictures of celebrities from people that have purchased a dog from there. But that doesn't make it right.

I couldnt get the link right but its wizardofclaws.com
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!