View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 07:22 PM   #29
Tigerlilyselene
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie daley View Post
Oh and just a warning... I'm sure it won't happen to you, but it did to me! And believe me, THIS never even crossed my mind!! When I was about 22, so 10yrs ago, (wow I'm getting' up there!!) I was living w/ a bf, and we thought how cute it would be to get a puppy!! (HUGE commitment).. We bought a Boston Terrier, and two months after we got her we split up!! SURPRISE!!!
SO, my friends offered to take Rose, just for a month or so till I save $$ to get my own place again. Well it took about 40 days, and when I was ready for Rose they would not give her back!!!
Long story short, it ruined our friendship, and I ended up letting them keep her cause her kids and other dogs were so attached. They had a huge yard and I wanted what was best for her...
But I learned a very good lesson for myself, that dogs are a HUGE commitment, and need to be brought into a stable environment... I was heartbroken....
Your story just reminded me of what I went thru, I'm not saying that would happen, but just make sure you trust whoever fosters them! I really trusted my "friends" and look what happened!!!

That actually happened to a friend of ours. He asked a lady on craigslist to watch his cat (Which was a BIG mistake, he should have asked someone he knew.), but anyways, the lady gave the cat to her friend whose cat just passed away and then she moved to FL and no word on what happened to his cat.

That is another reason I'm not just going around posting for people to take care of them, but I actually have a few ideas on how to stay with the puppies and keep them, I just need to do some stuff first.

Right now everything is stressful. Were packing and cleaning and throwing a LOT away. Were in arguments with people almost every day. (i'm currently PISSED at his brother for walking in on me changing IN MY OWN BEDROOM and then he tried to yell at us saying were never dressed. He just always wants to come in when were changing.) But if I sound bitchy or rude, I'm sorry, I'm just so stressed right now that almost every little thing sets me off. I'm still waiting to make it through one day without bursting into tears.

But I'm trying to avoid and ignore anyone criticizing me or saying mean things, I'm just really not up for any of that.

Were in York, PA right now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!