View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #24
melanie daley
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Oh and just a warning... I'm sure it won't happen to you, but it did to me! And believe me, THIS never even crossed my mind!! When I was about 22, so 10yrs ago, (wow I'm getting' up there!!) I was living w/ a bf, and we thought how cute it would be to get a puppy!! (HUGE commitment).. We bought a Boston Terrier, and two months after we got her we split up!! SURPRISE!!!
SO, my friends offered to take Rose, just for a month or so till I save $$ to get my own place again. Well it took about 40 days, and when I was ready for Rose they would not give her back!!!
Long story short, it ruined our friendship, and I ended up letting them keep her cause her kids and other dogs were so attached. They had a huge yard and I wanted what was best for her...
But I learned a very good lesson for myself, that dogs are a HUGE commitment, and need to be brought into a stable environment... I was heartbroken....
Your story just reminded me of what I went thru, I'm not saying that would happen, but just make sure you trust whoever fosters them! I really trusted my "friends" and look what happened!!!

Last edited by melanie daley; 05-27-2008 at 04:45 PM.
melanie daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!