View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #4
hasrv4fun
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98vett View Post
It could be coccidia and he needs to see a vet about it -

you didn't say how old or how big he is but until you can get him in (asap) you need to keep him hydrated

IT could be something else but if he's a little puppy - that's my guess - but NOTHING Should take the place of a VET VISIT....

can you find one open that you can go in as an emergency ? Most vets offer an after hours number for that very reason

good luck !!

Yes it sounds like Coccidia and needs to be seen by vet for fecal check and start meds such as Albon ASAP to prevent the damage this can do to the bowel lining. This is not something to take lightly but also don't get scared and panic- it happens as really all puppies carry the coccidia cells but their systems will repell it unless they are stressed or weakened and it gets the upper hand in their system.

Get the baby checked and treat accordingly and all should be well - keep it drinking ( if it won't willingly drink - get pedialite and give via syringe in its mouth to keep it hydrated untill seen by vet ) If you need more help-PM me as i hate to admit it but i brought this home to my place a couple years ago when i bought a puppy and had a real time untill i learned all i could about coccidia and how to handle and treat it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!