View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
debi_s
YT Addict

Question Comment & a question

Hello again,
This info is for all the new yorkie mom's out there who begin to think their little one is doing 'great' and decides to skip the Nutra-cal for a few days.....

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Lil Bit has been doing great...eating well and gaining weight every day. I had skipped the Nutra-cal for a few days thinking maybe her slightly loose poops would firm up a bit.......I did notice over the weekend she did not eat "as well" but remained energetic and playful.....twice we looked around for her and found she had gone to "her room" and crawled into her bed to sleep.
We thought we were raising the perfect little pup.

This am, just before leaving for work (she barely ate a few bites for breakfast), I noticed she was walking funny and would stagger a bit...I immediatley gave her some sugar water and Nutra-cal...had to force her to eat/drink. She soon perked up a bit....I gave her some baby food chicken and she would not eat...I continued the sugar water every 30 minutes for 2 hours....went and did about 30 minutes work....got home and cooked some chicken & rice...she ate like she was starving...
The day has been up and down....right now she is 'running laps' with the chihuahua......

Now for the question: I want anyone to tell me about their yorkie pup...their weight, age and specifically...how coordinated are they???
Even though Lil Bit is very playful and energetic she still seems a bit uncoordinated to me. She will be 4 months old 3-2-05...she currently weighs 1 pound 13 ounces. She has alot of energy but I still think she is not as coordinated as she should be at this age. When I got my Chihuahua, by the time she was 4 months old.....(she was about the same size ...maybe a bit larger)...she was bouncing all over the place..up and down from the couch and chairs....she could fly up a set of stairs..(she still can't go down, but that is because I haven't let her try)...she could run and catch something just as it hit the ground....(I mean fairly close by)...she could out-run and dodge me easily.
Lil Bit can't clear the floor to hop over a paper towel roll. My chihuahua can easily bump her and she just rolls.....she has a ramp onto and of the couch but she can easily loose her balance and fall off...(onto carpet and pillows)...
Maybe I'm not being fair trying to compare a yorkie to a Chi, but I have this feeling all is not well.........
She is still the most adorable thing......the sweetest face and eyes...and can manage to get into trouble often. Just wondering about other yorkies....

Any responses????? (sorry this is soooooo long)
debi_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!