View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #11
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumismom View Post
Okay Everyone..I have this little barking issues with Tumi and Gracie. Every time they hear someone by the door or the hall way of our apt, they go nuts and bark like crazy..sometimes for 5 or 10 mins. We tried spray water bottle and tried to stop them but it is not working. I know it prob. goes on when we are not home also every time they hear foot steps. We just got an anonymous letter saying that the neighbors are afraid of passing by our unit late night or early morning fearing they might disturb the whole building. We don't know what to do. Hubby and I are thinking about Ultra Sonic bark silencers. We don't think the collars are gonna work since my girls are way tooo small..please help!!
I know I just posted - but what about having the tv on in the room near the door and keeping them in another room when you aren't there - is that a possibility ?

What I mean is - do you have a way you can block their access to the door where they hear everything and bark ?

My apartment is one long unit - I have 2 doors - front and back so it's probably easier for me - but how about letting them stay in your room when you're gone ? I don't know what to tell you about when you're home cause my girls bark too when they hear someone right outside the door ....EXCEPT at night - when we're in bed - they're very very good.

The water didn't work for me either lol - when they see it - they know that means a walk cause that's what I tried it for - they go INSANE when getting their harnesses on...I don't know how to get them to quietly get dressed - I think it's a lost cause
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!