View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 07:30 AM   #5
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe mint View Post
I am so sad. We had a MAJOR loss in the family today

we enjoyed each other every morning...and the occasional evenings. We really do have some great memories together. I am truly heart broken

it's my coffee maker. yep...it died. it has been sick for some time...but this morning, I just can't seem to revive it.

This coffee maker came to me in a very funny way. well, funny to me. For my bridal shower, my mother in law decided NOT to shop from my registry...and instead bought me over $300 worth of plates....with ROOSTERS on them. Now...to each his own....but she has been to my house many times and knows that we do not have ANYTHING like that. nothing at all. so we kindly accepted, then took them back to Williams Sonoma and got a $317 credit to use there. We bought a nice coffee maker, a nice bread box, a submersible blender, and a few knick knacks. we made out quite nicely actually

the last couple of months, the coffee maker has been shutting off a lot...kinda like it is shorting out. the company told us that we just need to clean it with vinegar. well, we did that...as we do all the time anyway...and it still was crapping the bed. it is still under warranty, so we called again and they want us to pay $10 for shipping a new one to us, plus pay to ship the old one to them via ups. well...we have decided to wait until it is completely dead...and I woke up this morning to a completely dead coffee maker.

R.I.P. my friend!!!! Attachment 219051
If you're looking for a new one, let me suggest this one:

Amazon.com: Melitta MEMB1 Mill & Brew...Amazon.com: Melitta MEMB1 Mill & Brew...
We've gone through many coffee makers over the years, and we've had this one for I think 3 or 4 years now. It was not even very expensive.

HEre's the review I posted on it: Amazon.com: M. Simon's review of Melitta MEMB1B Mill & Brew 10-Cup Coffeema...
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!