View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #10
sryope68
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya and Jenna View Post
She's a beauty!! The clothes are darling!

First, how old is she...

...in regards to the hair, I was in a very similar situation........ to cut, or not to cut!

I always thought I would stick to a puppy cut. But then, when Jaya got her hair cut the first time, I was simply........destraught. The lady cut it way too short, and you could barely recognize her. I missed all the hair, and when the hair around the face got cut- well it totally changed the way she looked. I was upset for a very long time. After that, I made the decision to grow their hair long.

I got Jenna a month or so after Jaya had her haircut. Jenna is 7 months and Jaya is ten months old

Fast forward six months. Within that time I would stick their top hair in a pony tail (you can buy those mini rubber bands that dont hurt when u pull them out). Those work great - totally keeps their hair out of their eyes, and looks SO cute.

Anyway, Jenna always had thin hair on the top of her head - it is growing thicker (but very slowly). Anyways, a few weeks back, they had their ponytales in, and they looked so shaggy... their hair was long but they no longer looked like puppies.

So, I first took Jaya into the bathroom....... she had her ponytale which i trimmed off maybe a quarter of an inch. I then focused on her face and took off about an inch, and left the length about 2 inches. Trimmed the rest of her in a similar way.
Then it was Jenna`s turn.......... did the same with her.

SO! I basically left the hair on their head long enough to remain in a ponytail but gave them a puppycut for the rest of their hair - and I must say, that I absolutely love it.

I chose to keep the hair for the ponytail long because, it really bothers me when the hair falls into their eyes. If i was going to get a groomer to cut that hair- they shave the hair on the bridge of their nose, and then when it grows back, the little hair pokes them in the eye, causing eye goobers.

So now, I am in a very happy state about their appearance. Basically - they are in between dogs......... they look like puppies because i trimmed around their faces giving them cubby little cheeks but very fashionista because they have a ponytail! I plan on doing this for as long as I can!

I have yet to post pictures of them as almost-adults But I will soon!

Hope that helps!
I would love to see pictures of that cut. My Xena is at an inbetween stage now and I'm not sure what to do with her. This could be an option!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!