View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #14
Go4HelloKitty
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie in London View Post
he is 5 1/2 months old.. about 2lbs..
I have tried the putting food down for a period of time then taking it up ... that didn't work. I have mixed soft with kibble he will eat once and then that is the end of that deal.. I have tried canidae, merricks, trippe, wellness, ceasar (I know I know... bad food) canned salmon, cottage cheese, pumpkin, raw chicken necks, cooked chicken, cooked steak, you name it I have tried it.. he will munch on it probably 1 to 2 weeks if I am lucky.. most times it is a one time deal.. then we are back to square 1 starting all over again.. talk about consfusing here...lol

If I were you, I would also worried about him. He is so young and he is just 2 lbs. This is the exact situation I had with Mochi, same age same weight. I hope this is just a baby thing; they always want to try to see how far they can go.

I heard that if you always change his food, he will become even more picky. So I think what you have to do is keep one kind of food, stay away from treats, and keep NutriCal or Nutri Drop at all times. If he skips one meal, give him some of these to keep him going.

Another thing is take him to the vet and see if there are any underlining problems going on. Discuss with your vet and see if he/she has any suggestions.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!