View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 07:51 AM   #60
TatumsMom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I'm so sorry your family is having to go through this. It is weird that she just now developed this allergy to dogs but it's not unheard of. Just wanted to tell you from YEARS of experience, no... those allergy shots really don't hurt (until you get to that last maintenance vial which does sting a bit - not gonna lie to you about that). I forget exactly how old your daughter is but I know she's young. I'm sure it's just a scary thing for her and yes, a little traumatizing. It really is for her own good though. My husband and I (starting when we were both about 11 years old) started getting allergy shots and stopped after about 12 years or so. That length of time helped us SO very much with our allergies (I can even be around cats now - but not pet them without thoroughly washing up after - and that was something that kicked my butt terribly before I got shots). She will be grateful for the help in her later years. I know it hurts Mom to see her kid so upset but it really is going to do her a lot of good so hopefully ya'll can hang in there and give the allergist a chance to make it better.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!