View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Potter
YT 2000 Club Member

Default Pao's Annual Vet Check

We went to see a new vet on Friday recommended by friends. We ended up doing a heartworm test and a complete blood test. We will be doing a fecal test soon. The vet is very pleased on Pao's overall physical condition. Then we started to talk about vaccinations and diet. Of course, as usual he recommends annual vaccines except for rabies (every 3 years) and food (kibbles) from the vet. The vet actually stands behind big companies such as Purina, Science Diet and states that they employ nutrionists with Phd to come up with the food. If so, why would my baby prefer fresh food over kibbles/canned food? Looking at my baby enjoying healthy homecooking and not having to eat it just because he is hungry, I politely said no and another no to annual vaccines. He is looking so good and has so much energy. I really do not want to under-vaccinate but certainly not over-vaccinate. I wanted to do a titer test but I cannot afford it. He told me titer costs $200 each!

Last edited by Potter; 05-19-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!