View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 05:21 AM   #1
diggy4
Bella Boo & Diggy Too!
Donating GS Member

Question I don't get it!!!

OKay So Diggy starts breaking out in hives saturday night. I gave him benadryl and he reacted well to it and hives went away. 4 hours later more hives in different places so more benadryl then a trip tp the vet Sunday. Vet suspected allergies gave him a shot of steroids and Diggy has been fine. Then Sunday afternoon Bella gets the same exact hives!!!! So then I rush her to the emergency vet because she isnt reacting as well to the benadry it wears off in like 2 hours! It does take the hives down tho. So up all night itching and we are goign to my regualr vet today at 2pm.

Okay i have ran down the list of usuals this could be
No change in food/treats
laundry soap
NO lawn chemicals EVER
no flea treaments or meds of any kind
they didnt get into anything that i know of and i am pretty particular of these little ones.

I have a huge oak tree in back yard throwing off catkins but that happens every year and why would they both react so violently within the same 24 span to seasonal allergies they have never had before???

Can someone PLEASE try and figure this out. Its not adding up to me!! I would love to say oh its got to be the oak....but i dont think so. A bug bite??? Maybe but the bug would have had to have bitten both of them??

Im at a lose here and going on 4 hours sleep in the last 2 days
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!