View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 04:03 AM   #1
YorkieSue
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Liver Shunt and second opinions

I cannot find the posting from the woman who is going to allow some vet to operate on her pup whose BAT is not high enough to suggest such high risk surgery. If anyone knows where this posting is let me know please. I am posting this letter to her. I am upset, and sick to my stomach that she is going to allow this obviously incompetent vet to do this to her puppy. If this dog is young, why doesn't she return the dog to the breeder? This is unconscionable and what a horrid thing to put this puppy through.

Please, for heaven's sake do not let you pup be operated on without one or two other opinions. I don't know who your vet is but you are dealing with either:
1)Someone very inexperienced and young
2)Someone who is trying to bring in money for some hospital she/he is working at
3) Or someone, some butcher who is going to experiment on your beloved pet.

I am sick that you are going to allow this vet to touch your pet. If I were you I would be scared to death to let that vet near my pup. I am TELLING YOU HERE AND NOW THAT THIS SURGERY IS GOING TO RUIN YOUR DOG IF NOT KILL HER/HIM. The BAT is simply not high enough to simply let some schmuck do this god awful and life threatening surgery. ARE YOU PREPARED FOR THE NASTY RECOVERY? aRE YOU PREPARED TO LOSE YOUR DOG?

I have two close friends whose dogs BAT were off the charts and who needed the surgery according to three repected and EXPERIENCED OPINIONS. One of the pups died and the other is compromised for life. But at least, it was PROVEN, that the surgery was necessary in both instances.

And here you are, allowing some vet who has pretty obviously 'snowed' you and convinced you with almost NO EVIDENCE to do the worst kind of surgery a Yorkie can ever have. I am absolutely stunned that you are allowing this to happen. I have tears in my eyes as I type this because I KNOW what the furture for you pup holds you proceed. I don't think you do. I think you have been sold a horrendous bill of goods.

If you really love this dog then for God's sake get two more opinions and stop letting this ONE VET completely brainwash you. I IMPLORE YOU to not proceed without two other opinions. If you cannot understand what I am trying desperately to say and if you cannot and will not get two other opinions then at least give your pup a chance at a good life then for gods sake return this pup to the breeder and get a mutt. Yorkies are special and very fragile and people who refuse to get second opinions on such a delicate breed should not have them.

Once you allow this quack to operate on your dog, life for you and him is OVER as you know it. I hope your pup lives but be prepared for the 'vet' to give you all sorts of reasons why he is either still sick, cannot recover or died on the table. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS WITH SUCH A LOW BAT??

And I fear that this quack you are seeing is simply trying to bring money into some clinic he works in and experiment on YOUR DOG if he is really inexperienced. After all, this is a BIG OPPORTUNITY FOR HIM/HER TO DO HIS VERY FIRST LIVER SHUNT AND he is probably licking his chops with anticipation.

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 05-17-2008 at 06:03 AM.
YorkieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!