Thread: Goodbye Maggie
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 07:09 PM   #8
llcornell
Stop Puppy Mills
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
I am SO sorry for your loss. It is heartwrenching to lose a pet when they have been your constant companion. I lost my Ginger (Cairn Terrier) after 16 years. She had diabetes the last year of her life and was doing very well. It killed me to give her shots everyday, but I did what I had to do. Then one day she started vomitting.. I took her to the vet and they x-rayed her and saw a spot on her liver and said they needed to do a biopsy to determine what it was. So I let them. She came thru the surgery with flying colors and they said they had taken her outside to walk a bit and she was doing great and I could pick her up in the morning. When I was ready to pick her up, they told me she had taken a turn for the worse and when I saw her, I could see she was struggling to breathe. So I had to put her to sleep. I felt I would never get over it. Then I started second guessing my decision.. Even though I had taken her insulin to the vets while she was in there, I found out they had not given her any because she hadn't eaten. I just KNEW that was why she was in that condition! No insulin=diabetic shock.. Did it bring her back? no... sadly, nothing could bring her back. But you know what? I saw the love in her eyes for me before she passed. She KNEW I loved her! and I knew she loved me. and I knew she was no longer in pain. It has been 7 years now and I still think of her everyday. I miss her. But I can smile when I see her pictures.. She was wonderful! You will get there sweetie! Believe me, you WILL get there. and you will feel peace in knowing that she is not in pain. Bless you hon.
Sonya
Thank you your story is so similar. Im glad you can smile when you see her pics. I hope I can be there one day. I guess I dont 2nd guess my decision but I do 2nd guess everything before it. She looked so horrible and sad on those last 2 days and everything is your responsablilty since they cant speak which is alot of weight. I do feel peace that she no longer has pain. But the pain of her lose is so crushing,
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!