View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 AM   #1
YorkieSue
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Sick and Tired of Carsick Yorkie!!!

My sumo wrestler LOL rescue Yorkie that I have had for 1 year this month and who is five, almost six years old, gets VERY, VERY CARSICK. Since I have three dogs (another Yorkie and now a rescue Shih-tzu) and since I travel, organizing them in the car really takes a PH.D.

I have tried organic ginger root, benadry, dramamine, not feeding him for 12 hours previous to a trip, leaving windows open, stopping so often on a trip that it is maddening and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP MY LITTLE/BIG (10 LBS), BUDDY BOY. I have stopped short of using a trank like apromazine (sp?) because I absolutely despise using meds when something natural might and could work. But nothing has.

Now my question: Has anyone ever heard of a dog who gets violently sick in the back seat but NOT THE FRONT SEAT OF A VEHICLE? I have never let Buddy ride in the front since that is Dixie Cup's special seat, but yesterday I took him for a short trip and decided to try the front seat on the way to the groomer. For the first time, he did not vomit. It could have been luck but I am wondering.

I certainly, desperately would love your input(s)/feedback(s). This Dog is the world's sweetest and nicest in every way. I cannot find a single chink in his armor --LOL--EXCEPT this awful carsickness.

I am so dog savvy and into natural feedings, holistic vets etc. but this problem is really nasty and I need him to stop vomiting in my car. I have the other two dogs so I have to keep them a bit separated etc. or eveyone willl step in it, possibly eat it etc. HELP IF YOU CAN OR ARE SO MOTIVATED. Thanks a lot to all of you.
YorkieSue

Last edited by YorkieSue; 05-15-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: omitted word and word mispelled
YorkieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!