View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 04:34 AM   #1
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Trying not to be irked

Good friends of ours have outside kitties. I dont have anything against that, we had barncats on our farm growing up. However, the cats keep getting pregnant. So I found an ad on Craigslist that says that this vet will spay and neuter a whole litter, including mom, for $20. This is perfect, since they have a litter now. They dont want their cats to keep having babies, so this is good. So I send it to the husband, and he was like, "well, I dont plan on keeping the kittens..." Ummm...so?? Its $20, then you dont have to worry about your kittens making a billion kittens. I understand that he just doesnt get it, he doesnt really get into animals and doesnt understand the major problems with ferral cats anymore or FIV and all that.
When I worked at the Animal Hospital, I seen strays come in all the time. Stray litters, stray toms, that would test positive for FIV. Typical protocol for that is immediate euthanization, at that vets office anyway.
I just think if it costs you $20 to fix a whole litter and mom, then why not?
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!