View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 PM   #96
lwolfe
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelena View Post
Well "conformation show" is about beauty!
When Ur going to be in " Jeopardy" or " Ben Stein's money " It'll be more about U, but I bet U'll "polishl" Urself as well as the competition is asking Don't tell me Ur not studding be4 Ur tests!! We all do!! We all do what we have to do to look (feel, think, know) the BEST!
Don't U agree?
A lot of people color but you won't find many that will admit to it.

I will say this, I chalked my Parson Russell Terrier like EVERY other terrier handler. Poodles handlers hide second bands in topknots, Poodle handlers use wiggies, Maltese handlers bleach lemon colored ears, Sheltie handlers fix ears, Yorkie handlers tie ears and there is lots of nose dying in all breeds. Dogs are "enhanced". It is a fact of life.

There was a well known Shih Tza years ago that won lots of groups and Best In Shows. This dog was a gorgeous color and his markings were perfect. I remember how heart broken I was when I found out that his markings were painted on. Now, if I knew it don't you think the judges knew it?

Judges know these dogs are dyed and most do nothing about it. There is a list floating around of the few judges that don't allow tied ears. The rest don't care.

I am on a list with judges and the subject of dyed Yorkshire Terriers came up. The advice given by the more experienced judges was to look at structure and coat quality and not to judge color. They were told to look for a silk coat with the proper sheen. I can somewhat see the logic because a dyed coat does not have the shine that a natural coat has.
lwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!